» Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do the materials sold at the ReStore come from?
- The Habitat ReStore accepts new & used materials from individuals, property managers, contractors, suppliers, and other local stores and businesses.
What do you sell at the ReStore?
- Sale items consist of, but are certainly not limited to: Appliances, cabinets, paint, plumbing and lighting fixtures, doors & windows, furniture, hardware & lumber, etc. We have some unexpected items come through as well – examples include a suit of armor and a 1940’s row boat/dinghy!
How often do you get new merchandise?
- Our inventory is constantly changing – we receive new donations daily. We recommend if you are looking for something specific to come in and take a look or contact us – we’d be happy to check to see if we have what you need in stock!
How are items priced at the ReStore?
- Materials are sold to the public at 40-75% off the retail price.
How do I go about donating an item?
- If you have a new or reusable item or materials, call us at 785-856-6920. You can also drop your items off in the ReStore’s donation processing center at the store 708 Connecticut Street. You can access the donation drop-off area through the back alley behind the store.
Are my donations tax-deductible?
- Your donation may be tax deductible, depending on your situation. The ReStore will provide a receipt for your donation for your tax records.
Does the ReStore place a value on the items donated?
- No, you place the value on your donated materials.
Will you pick up items?
- It is a possibility. However, due to our limited pick-up schedule we prefer to have donations dropped off.
Do you have a deconstruction program?
- We do not offer deconstruction services, but we suggest contacting the Kansas City ReStore who does have a reconstruction program.